Monday, September 7, 2009

I love. . .

I love Jesus. That goes without saying for me really. I'm working on a cross-stitch sampler, done all in DMC 3777, with verses from an old hymn that say, "Let this my superscription be, Jesus, crucified for me, He is my life, my hope's foundation, and my glory and salvation." I chose them because they were truly a heartfelt reflection of my love and longing for Him.

So, how does one go about expressing their delight, their pleasure in their family, their friends, their interests without saying "I love. . . . so and so, or such and such"? After I've said I love Jesus, it seems a little sacrilegious to use the same words about my husband or teapots or cross-stitching. I do love my husband and my kids and my friends, and I really do enjoy teapots, cross-stitching, aprons, cheesecake. . . (and a whole lot of other stuff too, which we'll get to later, maybe. . .) Is the word  love not superlative enough for my Saviour? Or do I need to learn another language? Just musing. . . Sometimes I think too much about things that I'm pretty sure don't really matter, when I really ought to be strapping on my apron and getting the dishes done.

I get a such kick out of Ruthie over at Sugar Pie Farmhouse saying she loves things so much she wants to marry them. Her blog is so pretty and she has such wonderful, special things to say in every one of her posts.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard or even seen the hymn. Sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete