Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

The flag is flying, the sun is shining, the petunias are still blooming. I must have gotten flustered when setting up, this, my first blog, because I chose the name of my girlfriend's house for the name of my blog, instead of the name of my own house, which is Podmore's Thatch. Years ago, when we were both attending The Church of Eternal Despair ; ) we became friends and spent as much time together as possible, trying to counteract as much of the joyless lifestyle of "The CED" as we could. So, we named our houses and pretended that we had the sweet homekeeping life that we didn't actually have. Over the years we've moved a few times, but her house has always been Wheatberry Cottage and mine has always been Podmore's Thatch. (Podmore's Thatch is the name of a house in "The Shell Seekers" by Rosamunde Pilcher. I loved the name and adopted it for my own house. My husband surprised me on Mother's Day last year, by getting me a custom made sign which now hangs on our front porch.) I said all that to say that perhaps I'll go back and correct it later on, when and if I figure out how!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Evelyn. Thanks for following my blog. I love your sign! I will have to look over your blog later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, it has been my pleasure to read your blog for a while now, but I guess it never occured to me to officially "follow" it until I started one of my own. I was so excited to see a comment at all, and it was doubly nice that it was from you. I just started yesterday, my blog is still pretty rough, hope your expectations aren't too high.

    ReplyDelete